2017 brings us a new year and new reasons to celebrate. The Town of Windsor is delighted to announce its upcoming 25th Anniversary.
Since the Town’s incorporation on July 1, 1992, its population has grown to 27,000 residents.
Today, Windsor is known as a family-oriented community with exceptional quality of life, one that offers a wide variety of services, a considerable amount of recreational opportunities, well-planned business areas, award-winning educational excellence and a lively downtown.
Windsor has earned over 20 local and national awards since 2005. Recent awards include:
- "Sustainable Business of the Year" Award by the Chamber two years in a row (2015-16)
- Safewise Safest City three years in a row (2014-16)
- Healthiest Companies in the North Bay (2015)
- Sonoma County Regional Climate Protection Authority "Federal Climate Action Champion" recognition (2015)
- Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership - WaterSense Partner of the Year Award (2015)
In recognition of this momentous occasion, several year-long celebratory events are planned. Beginning with a kick-off “State of the Town” address in March, followed by “Happy Birthday Windsor – Cheers to 25 Years” as the theme of the Kiwanis’ Annual Windsor Day Parade in May, “Tea and Talk – A Story of Incorporation,” with Museum tour in July, plus a Historical Timeline Walk unveiling in October and an assortment of diverse activities in-between, there will be activities for all residents to enjoy.
For upcoming monthly activities, please visit the Town Event Calendar at: https://www.townofwindsor.com/.
For additional information and inquiries, please contact Irene Camacho-Werby, Acting Management Analyst at (707) 838-1010 or by email at email@example.com.