WATER & ENERGY Upgrades that pay YOU to Save
NEW Coming Fall 2014! PAYS® Commercial Landscape Pilot Program
For more information on this Town of Windsor program, sign-up to be contacted or call (707) 565-6472.
Windsor residents are encouraged to participate in Windsor Efficiency PAYS®, an innovative water conservation program that provides:
- Immediate Utility Bill Savings
- New Water Saving Fixtures and Appliances, such as on demand hot water recirculation pumps, toilets, showerheads and faucet aerators
- Drought Resistant Landscaping, the single most important action you can take to improve our water supply
- No Upfront Costs or Debt
An offer that works
Windsor Efficiency PAYS® is simple because it allows you to enjoy efficiency upgrades for your home or apartment and “pay as you save®”, with no loan and no debt associated with repayment. After installation of eligible upgrade measures, participants pay a surcharge on their water bill with the assurance that their estimated savings on combined utility bills (energy and water) will exceed the bi-monthly water surcharge. And, if you move or relocate at any time, the payment obligation ends; the next bill payer at your location gets the remaining savings and makes the remaining payments. If an installed measure fails at any time during the payment period and is not repaired, the payment obligation ends. Once the repayment term is complete you’ll benefit from 100% of the utility bill savings!
Certified contractors with the program have been pre-qualified and selected to contact Windsor residents and to install the following upgrade measures:
Basic Package — Includes the latest in high efficiency showerheads, toilets, and faucet aerators (exceeding the efficiency standards offered under the existing Windsor rebate program). Participants enter the program here and these basic measures must be installed, or already meet minimum standards, to qualify for other upgrades.
Basic Plus Measures — Includes selection of one or more of the following measures: drought resistant landscaping, and compact fluorescent lights (CFL).
Co-Pay Measures — On demand hot water recirculation pumps are available for purchase, requiring some up-front payment.
Windsor Efficiency PAYS® will benefit all residents and our community.
- Reduce water and energy waste and the demand for limited resources
- Reduce our carbon footprint and help protect our environment
- Reduce future water costs by reducing the need for expensive new infrastructure/supply.
To find out more, and to be contacted by our program contractor click here. You will be redirected to a sign up form.
If you do not want to be contacted by a Windsor Efficiency PAYS® contractor you may opt out.
Support for this exciting new program is being brought to you by the Town of Windsor with assistance from the Sonoma County Regional Climate Protection Authority and the United States Department of Energy Better Buildings Program.
* Because the PAYS® program offers the assurance that estimated savings will exceed program surcharges, participants must meet eligibility requirements, based on current water and energy usage, to qualify for the program. In other words, a participant must show that their current water and energy usage will enable them to achieve sufficient estimated savings from the installed measures.
Questions? Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Interested in being contacted by a Program Contractor? Call (707) 565-6472 or sign-up to be contacted.