The Town of Windsor is excited to introduce WaterSmart. WaterSmart is the Town's new website portal providing you with the best tools to better manage your water use and your bill. By registering you can view current and past water consumption, receive leak alerts, notifications and get helpful water saving tips. For more information watch the video below or click on the WaterSmart link to the Welcome page. Questions or need support call Utility Billing at 707-838-1004.
On May 5, 2021, Town Council adopted a resolution calling for a voluntary 20% water use reduction Town-wide.
Our region is in a drought after two consecutive dry winters. We are asking you to conserve water and reduce your water use by 20% when compared to this time last year. We only received 38% of our average rainfall this winter, and our reservoirs are at low levels.Water Supply Conditions - Please click this link to see water levels in Lake Mendocino and Lake Sonoma. Click here.
What You Can Do Now
Check your irrigation system for leaks.
Fix leaking faucets and toilets.
Replace turf with low-water-use plants. Please click this link for information on our Water Efficient Landscapes (WEL) Rebate Program. Click here.
Sweep instead of using a hose to clean sidewalks, driveways, and other hard-surfaced areas.
Use a shut-off nozzle on your hose.
Only run full loads of laundry and dishes.
Report leaks or water waste seen in your neighborhood. Call (707) 838-1004 or fill out this form to report: Water Waste Reporting Form
- Public Review Draft of the Urban Water Management Plan and Shortage Contingency Plan - Draft UWMP, July 2021
- Residential Water Conservation
- Find helpful information about indoor and outdoor water saving strategies, rebate incentives for water using appliances, and more.
- Commercial / Business Water Conservation
- Information about free business water assessments, water saving equipment incentive programs, and more.
To reach out to Water Conservation staff, please email us at: email@example.com.