- Town Manager
- Current Special Interests
- Lytton Tribe Developments
Lytton Tribe Development
Information on Lytton Rancheria of California Tribe Development
On December 20, 2019, U.S. Senate Bill S.1790 was signed into law by President Donald J. Trump. S.1790 included provisions for taking approximately 511 acres of tribal land into trust as part of the reservation of the Lytton Rancheria of California. S.1790 also stipulates that no gaming shall be conducted on any lands taken into trust on behalf of the Tribe in Sonoma County in perpetuity.
On May 20, 2020, the Town Council approved an agreement allowing connection to the Town’s wastewater system to serve residential and tribal community uses that will be developed on the portion of the lands taken into trust. Below are links to the May 20th Town Council Staff Report, figures showing tribal lands and areas where residential and tribal community uses will be developed, the executed agreement and an "FAQ" sheet.
Connection to the Town/District’s wastewater system is contingent on the execution of a Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement (JEPA) between the Town and the Lytton Rancheria. In general, the JEPA will address the following:
- Capacity of wastewater service to be provided
- Standards to construction of wastewater infrastructure
- Inspection, operation, and maintenance of wastewater infrastructure
- Use and access to reclaimed water
- Ownership of and access to wastewater infrastructure
- Wastewater service charges
- Administrative provisions
Town staff is currently working with Tribal representatives on developing the technical terms to be included in the JEPA. It is anticipated that this work will be completed before the end of the year and the JEPA will be presented at a public meeting before the Town Council in early 2021 for approval.
- May 20, 2020 Town Council Staff Report
- Figure 1 - Lytton Rancheria Trust Lands
- Figure 2 - Residential Project Phases
- Executed Copy of Agreement
- Tribal Resolution Approving Agreement
- Town Resolution Approving Agreement
- Windsor Water District Resolution Approving Agreement
- Frequently Asked Questions about Proposed Wastewater Agreement
- Text of S.1790 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 - December 17, 2019
- Current Information on the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 from Congress.gov.
- Current Information on the Lytton Rancheria Homelands Act of 2019 from Congress.gov. - H.R. 1388
- Report 116-67 of H.R. 1388 - July 29, 2019
- Text of H.R. 1388 - The Lytton Rancheria Homelands Act of 2019 - February 27, 2019
- Lytton Rancheria Homelands Act of 2017- H.R. 597.
- Legislative Hearing on H.R. 2538, June 17, 2015 - Subcommittee on Indian, Insular and Alaska Native Affairs
- Notification from the U.S. Department of the Interior of an application submitted by the Lytton Rancheria of California, seeking acceptance of property "in trust" request. (Letter dated November 23, 2016) - H.R. 2538
- Report 114-633 of H.R. 2538 - June 21, 2016
- Text of H.R. 2538 – The Lytton Rancheria Homelands Act of 2015
- Letter to Senator Harris Regarding H.R. 597 – August 2, 2017
- Letter to Senator Feinstein Regarding H.R. 597 – August 2, 2017
- Town Letter to Congressman Huffman H.R. 597, Full Committee Markup. (Dated June 22, 2017)
- Town response to notice of (non-gaming) land acquisition application, submitted to Bureau of Indian Affairs on January 21, 2017.
- Correspondence from community regarding Town’s response letter.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs grants Town of Windsor’s request for time extension. Town response to notice of (non-gaming) land acquisition application, submitted by the Lytton Rancheria of California (December 6, 2016) has been extended to January 23, 2017.
- Letter of response by Town Attorney Donoghue to the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs. Request for an extension of time to provide response to notice of (non-gaming) land acquisition application submitted by the Lytton Rancheria of California (December 6, 2016).
- Letter of Response by Eric Wee, Citizens for Windsor to Town of Windsor January 28, 2016 Memorandum of Lytton Project- H.R. 2538 - February 17, 2016
- Letter to Congressman Huffman from the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) in support of Lytton Rancheria Homelands Act (H.R. 2538) - February 16, 2016
- Letter of Response by Town of Windsor to Eric Wee’s letter - January 28, 2016
- Letter of Response by Eric Wee, Citizens for Windsor, to Congressman Huffman letters - January 27, 2016
- Letter to Sonoma County Board Supervisor and Town of Windsor Mayor - January 15, 2016
- Letter of Response by Bureau of Indian Affairs - December 17, 2015
- Letter to Bureau of Indian Affairs - December 2, 2015
- Letter to Councilmember Foppoli - August 10, 2015
- Letter to Windsor Town Council - July 27, 2015
- Press Release - Lytton Rancheria Tribe End Discussions on Agreement for Town Wastewater Services - June 9, 2021
- Lytton reservation in Sonoma County headed for approval with prohibition on gaming - Press Democrat - December 16, 2019
- Huffman re-introduces Lytton Rancheria tribal land legislation – The Windsor Times – March 7, 2019
- Bill would authorize Lytton tribal homeland near Windsor – Press Democrat – March 4, 2019
- Legislation creating Lytton tribal homeland near Windsor clears big hurdle – Press Democrat – July 16, 2017
- Northbay Biz Magazine Article: Building Trust - Lytton Tribe in Windsor - Featured in in December 2015 Issue
- Press Release - Updates on Developments Regarding the Lytton Rancheria of California (Released September 17, 2015)
- Town Council Special Meeting of October 14, 2015 Agenda
- Lytton Subcommittee Meeting of September 21, 2015 Agenda
- Town Council Special Study Session of August 25, 2015 - Informational public meeting held the evening of Tuesday, August 25, 2015, at 5:30 p.m. in the Mary Agatha Furth Center located at 8400 Old Redwood Highway, Windsor, CA. Agenda | Press Release
Videos of this meeting:
- Part 1 - Introduction and Presentations: Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 2 - Presentations (continued): Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 3 - Presentations (continued): Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 4 - Presentations (continued) and Town Council Individual Comments: Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 5 - Public Comment (continued): Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 6 - Public Comment (continued): Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 7 - Public Comment (continued): Town’s Website | YouTube
- Part 8 - Public Comment (continued) and Closing Remarks: Town’s Website | YouTube
PowerPoint presentations from this meeting:
- Town of Windsor California Tribes and Lytton Rancheria Presentation
- County of Sonoma Lytton MOA Presentation
- Neighbors of the Lytton Development Presentation
- Citizens for Windsor Presentation
Graphic wall notes transcribed by facilitator’s assistant:
- Lytton Aquatic Site Plan -Submitted at the Town Council Meeting of June 17, 2015, by Kristyn Byrne, Community Outreach Coordinator for Lytton Rancheria
- 2015 Fact Sheet: Lytton Rancheria Residential Development and Fee-to-Trust (Provided by the County of Sonoma)
- Commentary provided by Town Manager Linda Kelly (08/2015), please click here. Spanish version, please click here.
Lytton Rancheria of California [Pacific]
Marjoria Mejia (Tribal Chairperson)
Telephone: (707) 575-5917
Fax: (707) 575-6974
Recognition Status: Federal 437 Aviation Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403