Prepare for Wildfire with Ready, Set, Go!
One Less Spark – One Less Wildfire
Red Flag Warnings
- Never mow or trim dry grass during a red flag warning because a power tool could spark on a rock and start a grass fire. It is not recommended even on windy, dry, hot days.
- No wood or charcoal campfires in forests during periods of high fire danger.
- Thoroughly extinguish all cigarettes and smoking material.
- Don’t pull your vehicle over in grass as it can spark a grass fire. If necessary, pull over on paved roads.
- Use spark arrestors on portable gasoline-powered equipment to avoid an accidental fire.
- Properly maintain vehicles to prevent starting fires along roads due to sparks or flammable materials being spit out from the catalytic converter system.
- Ensure trailer chains don’t drag on the ground and spark.
- The shooting of firearms is unsafe during periods of high fire hazards.
- Use extreme caution with welding or blowtorch projects.
- Burning plant cuttings on high fire danger days is unsafe.
VIDEO REPLAY - Windsor Community Preparedness Webinar