NEW - Monthly Billing Starting August 2022
The Town of Windsor Utility Billing is transitioning customers from bi-monthly to monthly billing in August 2022.
Monthly billing is standard for most utilities and businesses. In addition, monthly billing provides more timely information about water use and more frequent opportunities to identify and repair household leaks that might otherwise go undetected.
Click here to register your account: WaterSmart Portal
What you should know:
- With monthly billing, customers will receive 12 bills per year, instead of six.
- Bills will be due monthly on the 10th of every month, instead of bi-monthly.
- If you use Automatic Bill Payment, your payments will automatically adjust. However, if you established recurring payments through your personal banking website, you will likely need to adjust the payment frequency.
- Why is the Town moving to monthly billing?
Monthly billing offers customers smaller, more manageable payments and better aligns with other monthly expenses, making it easier for you to manage household budgets. A monthly bill is also a better tool to help you understand consumption habits, because it provides more timely information about water use and more frequent opportunities to identify and repair leaks that might otherwise go undetected.
- Will I still be able to pay my bill online?
Yes, you will be able to view and pay your monthly bills online.
- If I set up automatic payments, do I need to change anything?
If your automatic payments are set up through WaterSmart, you do not need to change anything – your payments will automatically adjust. However, if you established recurring payments through your personal banking website, you will likely need to adjust the payment per the monthly due date reflected on your bill.
- What changes can I expect on my bill?
- What are the benefits of monthly billing?
Benefits of monthly billing include:
- Smaller, manageable payments.
- More efficient household budgeting: Your water bill will now arrive at a similar frequency with most other utility bills such as gas and electric, making your monthly budget that much simpler.
- Timely water use information: Monitoring your water use can help you understand consumption habits and manage water costs.
- Detect possible water leaks quickly: With more timely information, you’ll easily notice if your water use is different from normal. This allows for the early detection and prompt repair of leaks, reducing the possibility of a high water bill.
- How is the Town making sure customers are notified of the transition to monthly billing?
The Town is posting information on our website and social media, and reaching out to customers via newsletter, e-mail, bill messages, and postcards.