Water & Water Reclamation (Sewer) Service
Effective March 16, 2020 at 6 p.m., the Town offices will close to the public through at least April 5th, or possibly longer. As news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, the Town of Windsor wants you to know that the health and wellness of our community is important to us.
Until further notice:
- No water service will be disconnected.
- No penalties or late fees will be assessed to delinquent utility billing accounts.
- To start or stop utility services please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment options during the closure are outlined below:
- Online by visiting the Town’s web portal at https://townofwindsor.watersmart.com (preferred).
- At the utility billing payment drop box conveniently located at 9291 Old Redwood Highway, Building 300 in front of the Windsor Police Department.
- AutoPay customers that haven’t signed up via WaterSmart will need to sign up by visiting the Town’s web portal at https://townofwindsor.watersmart.com
- Keep informed by getting FREE text alerts, sign up for AutoPay or view utility bills by visiting the Town’s web portal at https://townofwindsor.watersmart.com.
For questions please email email@example.com, emails will be returned as soon as possible.____________________________________________________________________
Starting & Stopping Service
Contact the Utility Billing Division at least one business day prior to the date you wish to start or stop service.
A security deposit of $200 is required for any account that has a renter status. Account holders may elect to have the deposit billed in two installments or paid in advance at the time of establishing service. Any account that is terminated due to a delinquent balance will be required to have a deposit - renter or owner.
The deposit will automatically be applied to the account balance after one year of good payment history or at the time the service is requested to be terminated.
Hydrant Meter Request
- Return a completed Commercial and Residential Meter Set Request to our office along with a $1,200 deposit.
- A work order will be submitted to our Public Works department.
- Please allow two business days for the meter to be set.
- To obtain the status of meter set requests, contact Public Works Water Division.
- Contact Public Works Engineering Division for your Engineering Permit.
- Return a completed Commercial and Residential Meter Set Request to Utility Billing.
- Once received, a work order will be sent to public works for inspection and meter set.
- Contact Public Works Engineering Division to obtain status of meter.