The Town of Windsor requires an Encroachment Permit for all work performed in the public right of way. Accordingly, the Town has specific requirements with respect to the processing of Encroachment Permits.
If you have general questions, please contact Ed Browne at (707) 838-1214.
Download the for more detailed insurance information regarding the limits, scope and requirements.
To obtain an encroachment permit, you must submit the following:
- Completed and signed Encroachment Permit Application and Instructions Package
- Three sets of plans showing the proposed improvements
- No plans are necessary when the project has been through the improvement plan review process
- Completed Insurance Policy Endorsement
- Completed Certificate of Insurance
- Completed Automobile Liability Special Endorsement Form
- Completed Worker's Compensation and Employer's Liability Special Endorsement
- Engineer's estimate or statement of value of work within the public right of way
- If the proposed work does not include any trenching or excavation then the performance bond is 100% of the value of the work. For the projects with the estimated value of the work less than or equal to $3,000.00, the minimum bond amount shall be $3,000.00
- If the proposed work does include trenching or excavation then the performance bond is 100% of the value of work. For projects with the estimated value of the work less than or equal to $10,000.00, the minimum bond amount shall be $10,000.00
- The Town will accept either a commercial or a cash bond
- CAL-OSHA permit (required only when excavation is in excess of five-feet deep)
- Completed Tree Disclosure Statement.
The Town will review the project, determine the permit conditions, permit fee and if any additional information is needed. The applicant will be notified when the permit is ready for issuance and what the amount of the fee (fees are not required at the time of permit application).
Fee payment is by check only, payable to the Town of Windsor.