Solid Waste Services
Sonoma County Resource Recovery (SCRR)
Phone: (707) 795-7470
NEW Address: 10611 Old Redwood Highway, Windsor CA. 95492
Mailing: PO Box 1471, Windsor CA. 95492
The following services are provided:
Collection, transportation, processing, and disposal of garbage, recyclable materials and organic waste
- Battery Collection and Recycling (household batteries only)
- Cardboard Recycling
- Curbside Clean-ups (Residential)
- Large Item (Multi-Family)
- Recycling - Dual Stream Containers - Instructional Videos: Recycling and Split Body Truck
- Street Sweeping
- Used Motor Oil and Oil Filters
- Residential Garbage Routes of all public streets within the Town
- With exception of the street sweeping service, all of the above services are voluntary and must be requested by customers. For additional information related to the services provided by Sonoma County Resource Recovery can be found in the executed Collection Service Agreement.
- Collection Service Agreement
- Amendment No. 1 03212018
- Amendment No. 2 08012018
- Amendment No. 3 08212019
- Amendment No. 4 06172020
- Amendment No. 5 06022021
- Amendment No. 6 05182022
- Amendment No. 7 05172023
- Residential Services will be serviced by split body trucks servicing two material types at once. The truck is designed with compartments separating the material within eliminating contamination. Residents will have 2 passes per service day. The first pass will be for garbage and organics, and the second pass will be for dual stream recycling.
- Multi-family Services will be serviced by either a split body or single body truck depending on the service type, and may have up to 3 passes per service day.
- Commercial Services will be serviced by either a split body or single body truck depending on the service type, and may have up to 3 passes per service day. AB 1826 Mandatory Commercial Organic Recycling - Phase III effective January 1, 2019
Sonoma County Resource Recovery introduced a new dual/split recycling cart that has two compartments separating fiber and other recycled materials. To assist in understanding the reason behind the design and how to use the cart view the following Instructional Video.
For more information regarding services and rates in Windsor, contact Sonoma County Resource Recovery:
Phone: (707) 795-7470
If you have a concern that cannot be resolved, please contact the Town of Windsor - Administrative Services Department.
Phone: (707) 838-5355
For more information regarding County services, contact Zero Waste Sonoma at phone (707) 565-3375 or email email@example.com or visit www.zerowastesonoma.gov
For more information regarding Waste Less Windsor, visit the Town's Recreation Department.