The Administrative Services Department directs the Town of Windsor Risk Management programs, which include the following:
- Contract Administration - Providers and contractors that do business with the Town must enter into a written contractual agreement. The form of the written agreement is provided by the Town.
- Insurance Verification - Providers and contractors must comply with specific insurance requirements as stipulated in the written agreement with the Town. Insurance coverage must be verified by furnishing certificates of insurance and insurance endorsements on forms approved by the Town.
- Town Insurance - The Town of Windsor maintains insurance covering general liabilities, property, vehicles, boiler and machinery, earthquakes, floods, workers’ compensation, and employee fidelity.
- Claims Processing - As prescribed by the Government Code of the State of California, the Town of Windsor provides a process for making claims against the Town involving bodily injury, property damage, or other loss or injury. The claimant, or a person acting on behalf of the claimant, must present a claim form to initiate the process.
- Workplace Safety - The Town of Windsor maintains an employee safety program that complies with Cal-OSHA requirements and promotes “safety first.” The Town’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program and Code of Safe Work Practices provide key workplace safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Incident and Accident Evaluation - Town of Windsor employees report all incidents involving bodily injury or property damage on Town premises or as a result of Town activities. All incidents and accidents are investigated and evaluated.